February 16, 2012

Hustle and bustle of the weekend and week :)


















I had a productive weekend and a busy week thus far. Now, I must admit I am insane when it comes to cleaning out junk. My Mother taught all of us kids that throwing away is a good thing. Why hold on to clothes that don't fit, are out of style, I haven't worn in a year, so on and so forth. I don't need 30 notebooks when I only ever use one (and have had the same one for 10 years with nothing written in it). I think over the years my friends have enjoyed watching me declutter every 6 months (Kristina, Katy, Page, Katie, list goes on) and now it's Stephens turn to see me tear apart, purge and deep clean. Welcome to marriage buddy.


Now granted, he has see bits and pieces of me throwing out. He has experienced buts and pieces, but nothing to the extent of this weekend. This weekend we attacked the garage, attic, pantry, drawers in kitchen, bathrooms, closet, and bins filled with stuff I pulled from each room and made him sort through. Right now, I assume there are about 30 bags, give or take in the garage to be picked up by good will and the garbage men. All that is left, the office. :) Bless his heart, I think he was miserable the entire time (and I would be too if I were psycho about cleaning out), but he was such a trooper, never complaining and so willing to help! For celebration Saturday night, he cooked steaks, stuffed crab, green beans, black eyed peas, rolls and cake! It was so nice to relax after that hectic day!


So, now I get to the pictures above. Even after all the torture I put Stephen through, he came and surprised me for Valentine's Day with 2 dozen roses and lunch out on Tuesday! I got a phone call from him seeing if I wanted to come out and see him. Uh, yes! That night we had a low key dinner with my roomie and her bow, chicken enchiladas and awesome (If I do say so myself) chocolate cupcakes with strawberry icing and chocolate covered strawberries on top. Boo-yah!


So as my week continues, we had Marriage 101 class at church, today is my dress fitting and tomorrow is marriage license. Life will slow down soon, right? Ha. NEVER.


Happy Thurday-ing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips