December 31, 2012

Almond Pound Cake

In preparation for New Years Eve celebration, I decided to whip up some yummy dessert. Growing up my grandmother had the best Rum Cake, yet sadly I don't have the recipe.  I decided I would instead try an Almond Pound Cake. Stephen and I sampled a bit and oh. my. gah! I nearly fell over when I had the first bite. Needless to say, it might not make it til tonight. 

Warning: So good it might be hard not to consume the entire cake. 




Ingredients:

1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
3 cups sugar

  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. 
In the bowl of a mixer, butter and sugar together and then add sour cream. Mix the flour and baking soda together and add to the butter mixture. While mixing, add the eggs and finally add the orange and almond extracts and mix well.  Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
 
Once out of the oven, I added some whip cream and black berries.

Happy New Year's Eve!! 2013 is going to be epic!



4 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks yummy. Isn't it amazing how fresh berries take desserts up to the next level.
    A new follower from the Meet and Greet Blog Hop. Hope you can stop by my blog as well.

    Anne Marie
    http://moanasuniquedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anne Marie! Love your blog - especially the DIY terrarium post!

      Happy new year!
      Clara

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious!! Those blackberries look so delightful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika! It was so yummy Im dreaming about it at work ;)

      Delete

Blogging tips