December 27, 2012

New Years Resolution

Its still shocking that Christmas is over. Seriously, this year it came and went by with just a blink of an eye. AND now were gearing up for 2013? Time really seems to fly the older I get...

 
I'm not one to usually make New Year Resolutions, but I do love hearing what others plan. The one's I've heard most often already are to lose weight, drink less Cokes, take more trips, volunteering, or the like. I applaud those and wish everyone luck in their resolutions!

 
My goal this year is simply to enjoy life. Whatever is thrown at me, I know the Lord is in control and I trust his plans. I have much to be thankful for - my husband, parents, siblings, friends, job, home, health, blog, etc. I know my 2013 resolution isn't spectacular, but I am reminded daily that life is a gift, on the good days and on the bad ones.

I'm ready for 2013 and all that it has to bring! What are your New Year Resolutions?


3 comments:

  1. Being thankful - sounds like a GREAT resolution! I will join you on that one. :)
    Love you sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you said about enjoying each moment... I need to do that more!
    Actually, I'm not a big one for resolutions, but this year I'm partnering with Holley Gerth and a team of girls who are chasing God-sized dreams - so while it's not a resolution, there are some goals that I'm striving for to see those dreams come to pass!
    xo Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  3. {Melinda} Yes, trusting that God is in control and will lead my steps ... I am always trying to do that better. Fear can creep in and I feel like Peter who was walking on the water to Jesus and then began to sink when he focused on the waves!

    Found your blog through the Pearls and Prowess linkup. Following now!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips