January 23, 2013

Simple white bread {bread machine}

Have you read the label on bread from the grocery store lately? There are probably 30+ ingredients in it and I'm appalled. I'm not against all  processed foods, but I am trying to be better in our eating and living a healthier lifestyle.



 


I inherited an old bread machine from a friends mom when she was cleaning out a year ago. I had never made my own bread and called my sister for some help (she is a rock star Mom and a great cook). I've done a bunch of recipes over the course of the year, but I think this one is my favorite! My taste tester (aka hubby) was very happy with this one and gave his seal of approval!


Ingredients:
1. 1 cup water
2. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or canola)
3. 2 tablespoons honey
4. 1 teaspoon salt
5. 3 cups of bread flour (or all purpose flour - just  nothing self rising)
6. 1 package of active dry yeast

Directions:
1. Place all ingredients in the bread machine
2. Set for 4 hours
3. Press start.





Delicious and simple. Enjoy!!!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I'm a rock star Mom? Wow! Thanks! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider this MADE! Can't wait!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips