February 12, 2013

First Things First #6, Mardi Gras and the stomach bug

Hi all.

I'm so glad its Tuesday.  So.glad. 

This is what the weekend was like...


Our house was vomit central. Watch out, the stomach bug is going around and it ain't pretty. 


But on a happier note....


Today is Mardi Gras! Do you know what it is?
Well darlin, let me fill you in...

Mardi Gras is a huge celebration the day before Ash Wednesday. Its French for Fat Tuesday - which is basically the practice of the last night eating fatty and other crap foods before Lent.

Mardi Gras in the United States originally started in Mobile, Alabama (my hometown), NOT in New Orleans. They might be crazier, but we had it first. :)

Anyway, celebrations last a week long with parades, food (King cake, my favorite), drinking, balls, king and queen, etc. Its a ton of fun and I do miss being there for the celebration.

and......

Week 6 f this series?! Wow, this has flown by! I love these questions and its fun to remember the stages of life I don't think about much. 
First Things First


The questions:

1. First Broken Heart
Ha, I don't know if I would count this as a broken heart, but I had a crush on a boy for 4 years - from middle school to early high school. We will call him A. A was handsome, popular and very sweet to me. I was a dorky glasses, braces kid who was a little overweight. He even asked me to dance once at a party and I refused because I was too shy.
2. First Thing You Do When You Wake Up In The Morning
I usually hit snooze on the alarm! I do NOT like morning time - it takes me awhile to wake up. Then I go and turn on the shower to warm up the water. That in itself is tough to do - mainly because I'm half asleep doing it. 

3. First High School Dance/Prom
Prom - junior year. My date was M.D. for short. He was seriously the HOTTEST guy at school and one year younger than me. We has become friends through our show choir. Did I mention he could sing, dance and play guitar?!?!
Now, our prom wasn't super fancy with long gowns - so I wore a short black cocktail dress that I borrowed from my sister. I don't even think I hardly danced with M.D., but more with my friends and guys from my grade.

Peace out.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like your junior prom was a great one! I also didn't dance much with my date but wayy more with my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...I remember Mardis Gras. I went once in college and it was enough for me. Talk about a crazy time. I loved it though! Happy Fat Tuesday! Did you get a king cake? I am your newest follower by the way from the GFC Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man we definitely had our vomit central a couple of weeks ago. Hasn't this winter been the absolute worst?!? I don't know what the deal is with it but it is getting very old very quickly. I just found your blog and I have really enjoyed your writing and getting to know you better. Hope you don't mind if I follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    thelifeofbon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying Hi! Im over winter, colds and rain.Ready for some sunshine!!!

      Delete
  4. ughh I would love love love the snooze button if my dogs would let me use it, but alot of times I just turn the alarm off, and than I am late.

    ugh.
    I hope you guys feel better:):):)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips