March 13, 2013

Revolt, Week 2

Hey all,

What a difficult first week if I do say so myself.  If you missed my post last week , my hubs and I started our new Fitness/lifestyle change called Revolt.

Revolt was created by Nicole Huntsman, who wanted to lose weight, eat right and live a better life for her and her kids. She created this program and offered bloggers a chance to try it free.

Last week was our first week. We had whats called the detox week where we ate no sugars, flour, sodas - the stuff bad for you. We ate a TON of eggs, chicken, spinach, brussell sprouts, broccoli and more eggs. Did I mention we ate lots of eggs? I would say between Stephen and I, we ate well over 100 of em. Sheesh.

The first couple of days eating were the toughest, mainly because I was craving a Coke and something sweet! I didn't realize how addicted I was to some bad food and how much I missed it over the week.

I drank about a gallon of water a day and went for a potty break every hour. Good thing I like water otherwise it would have been awful. 

 Saturday was our "free" food day. You could eat whatever you wanted.
I have to admit, I was so glad when our free day came because I was all over the junk food! We actually cheated a bit too because Sunday was our one year anniversary and I had ordered 2 types of cakes and had a wonderful dinner at The Melting Pot. I did try to behave on Saturday, BUT we had our second blate (blogger date) and ate incredible food, including Whoopie Pie!


I just had to throw in a picture of us at The Melting Pot.
How cute is my hubby?! I just love him to the moon and back!!

Ok, sorry, I digress....

Well, after eating all the sugar and salt, I felt HORRIBLE. I over ate, felt ill and wanted to vomit up what I had eaten.  I guess it really makes a person think about what they are putting into their body when they feel as bad as I felt.

  After cheat day we were told not to weigh in because we would gain some water weight back from all the salt and carbs. We silly me decided to rebel and step on the scale. Dumb idea!!!!!!!! (I cant express this enough)

I had gained almost 6 pounds back in water weight!!! I started off at 136 and dropped down to 133 and went to 138. WHAT THE HECK!!!?????

Today and stepped on the scale and I was down again by 3 pounds so that was good, but that water weight will get you. I also am blaming my hormones and being almost that time of month. Thankfully, Stephen's weight didn't fluctuate like mine did and he has lost 5 pounds overall! I haven't taken any of our measurements again but will probably do that sometime next week.

The workouts have been just the right amount of intensity. I sweat and am exhausted while doing the workouts, but can bounce back pretty quickly after it. Each day has a different workout - either cardio, weight or a mixture of exercises. We use dumbbells and kettle bells and our own body mass. The workouts last about 20 minutes and give you the good burn. I have noticed some toning in my legs already, but its going to take a lot more to get my flabby arms into shape.

My goal this weekend is not to over eat on my free day and not overdo the salt and other carbs.

This week has been much easier than detox week and I feel great overall. I have ore energy and don't feel as tired as I used to.

Tomorrow will be a challenge because I am heading to my sister in laws to hang out for a couple of days. Cross your fingers I stick to eating well and not skipping my workouts!

Happy Wednesday!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I have been doing a weight loss program through the local hospital and I was told that when you start to eat healthy and cut out the bad things i.e. sodium- and start to eat them again, it impacts your body more. That's probably why you gained so much water weight! It happens to me too! I never realized how much sodium is actually in carbohydrates. In fact, 1 ounce of bread has more sodium in it than 1 ounce of potato chips. Isn't that insane? I will say also though, I've been doing my thing for about 6 weeks and last week I had my first hamburger since I started and I was SO sick for like 3 days. It really is amazing how your body responds when you introduce the bad stuff back in! Best of luck to you and your husband on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck you two. :) as said I before I love that dress on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress. I'm your newest follower. Please stop by and check out my new blog. http://ticsblog75.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips