March 26, 2013

Taziki's Friday Special Recip {Guest Post}

Hi bloggy friends! Today I have something special for you! Since I am on vacation this week, my sweet friend Lauren is gracious enough to be sharing one of my all time favorite meal recipe on the blog! So come read, stop by her blog and show her some love!



Hey! I'm Lauren and I blog over at Simply FreeI'm a southern newlywed trying to live out this life as simply & creatively as I can while serving Christ, loving others, and finding an abundance of joy & laughter along the way! I write about life & love, as well as recipes & other crafts I've really enjoyed creating. I am so excited to guest post over here with the lovely miss Clara. I have known Clara for - wow - eight years now! We met in Auburn through our campus ministry and the world of blogging and both being the same city again has brought us back together. She is quite wonderful (as I know y'all already know!) so I was delighted when she asked if I wanted to do a guest post :)

As cooking is something both of our little families enjoy, I wanted to share with y'all one of my favorite simple recipes which is one of Clara's favorites as well! The Taziki's Friday's Special. Now if you've never heard of this - it's AMAZING!  ANd very simple to make which is great especially if you don't live near one. It's actually really good without the chicken as well, so it's a good vegetarian option too - just add more tomatoes at the end!

Ingredients:

1 handful fresh basil (chopped)     1 tablespoon shallot (minced)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar                 Juice from one lemon
1 teaspoon sugar                            1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (we omitted this)
1 1/2 cups blended olive oil            Salt and pepper to taste
6 cups mixed lettuces                    1 1/2 pounds penne pasta (cooked)
2 cups feta cheese crumbled          3 tomatoes (seeded and diced)
3 tablespoons fresh thyme (chopped)
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (grilled and cubed)

Directions:

  • To make vinaigrette:
    • Mix thyme, shallots, balsamic vinegar, lemon, and sugar (and Dijon mustard if desired).
    • Slowly whisk in oil.
    • Add salt and pepper to taste.
  • Place about 1 cup mixed lettuces on each plate.
  • Toss cooked pasta with about 12 ounces (or to taste - we used a tad less) vinaigrette.
  • Toss grilled chicken with about 6 ounces (or to taste) vinaigrette.
  • Spoon about 3 cups pasta onto lettuce
  • Top with chicken, then diced tomato, feta cheese and fresh basil as you like
And there you have a copycat of Taziki's Friday Special! I actually think ours looks even better than original :) Enjoy!


I would love to connect with you so come on over to my blog & say hello, follow via GFC, or connect via the other buttons below  :)

  
  
post signature



post signature

1 comment:

Blogging tips