March 4, 2013

Coffee & Conversation

Coffee & Conversation

I love coffee. I love friends. Combine the two and bam! Something incredible happens. Last week, Kalyn and Lauren introduced a new linkup where you can come and find out whats going on in your blogger friends life. 

Lauren and I go way back (since our college days in 2005) and recently got linked back up through blogging. Now, we get to meet for actual coffee and share life together. 

I also recently got to go on a blate (blogger + date = blate) where a bunch of us ladies from Alabama (and our MS friend) got to eat and drink coffee together - and I got to meet Kalyn fro the first time too!

So come along on this journey. Make some new great friendships - isn't that why a lot of us started blogging anyway, to share life together. :)

Each week, they will have a new topic and you can link up. So grab your cup of joe and lets chat!


  TOPIC:
What are you most thankful for so far this year?
I can't even begin to answer that in a short post but I will try ;) I am most thankful for my relationship with my husband. We are about to hit our 1 year anniversary (March 10) and I feel like this past year has sped by me. Like all girls, I desired to be a wife and mom and dreamt of the day I would meet my future hubby and begin our lives together. I dated some not so great guys and got very impatient for "the one" to come along.

I waited

 and
waited. 

And then I realized that no matter what I did, I couldn't continue trying to make something happen. 

I had to wait and give it over to the Lord.

In His timing (and with help from a roomate), I met Stephen and the rest is history.


I am thankful for the way he loves me. How he makes me laugh. How he comforts me when I cry and am sick. How he holds my hand when we walk through the house together. How he is always excited to see me and comes to welcome me home. How he brings me my water at night (even though I never drink it but just like having it).
I am thankful for our playfulness. For our date nights. For every moment I have with him - good or not so good. 

I am thankful for my husband.


post signature

6 comments:

  1. Happy (early) Anniversary. I hope you guys have many more. Having a great relationship with your hubby is awesome. It's not as easy as many may think. I am thankful for my hubby too. We are coming up on our second anniversary. It's been hard, but so worth it.

    Sophia
    twentyfiveseasons.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for joining in this week! We truly appreciate your link up and support! I hope you have a fabulous rest of the day! PS- LOVED this post, LOVE you, LOVE yalls love story! Happy early anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy early anniversary dear!! Love this, y'all are so precious :) Thanks for joining in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! What a sweet post; I'll bet your husband loved reading it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, sounds like you two are a great match. And it's always great to hear about a guy who treats his girl right :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips